It’s Fall! Here in New Jersey, we had a few crisp, Autumn days but now the AC is back on full blast. Regardless, I’m craving pumpkin spice and looking forward to snuggles on the couch with a good book and big, fluffy blanket.
As I start to dream of the leaves changing and scenic road trips on country roads, it’s got me thinking about fun things to do this Fall. In fact, I’ve already been hard at work on my Fall Bucket List. How about you?
Heather’s Fall Bucket List
- Try a pumpkin spice original glazed donut at Krispy Kreme – DONE! They were delicious! Too bad it’s only one day a year!
- Have our own Oktoberfest in New Jersey by making Jaegerschnitzel with homemade Spaetzle and have it with an ice cold German beer – DONE! (It turned out great, although making the Spaetzle was super messy!)
- Pumpkin picking
- Give Pumpkin Carving another shot (Last time wasn’t so great)
- A non-haunted corn maze (Or haunted if that’s your thing. It’s not mine. I don’t need the nightmares and assault charges if I come into contact with a creepy clown, you know?)
- Roast Marshmallows in the firepit
- Get out the fondue pot and indulge in a taste of cheesy heaven
- Apple Picking!
- Bake an apple pie
- Have a few hard ciders with friends – even better if they’re locally brewed
- Drive up to New Hampshire and do the Kancamagus Highway during the peak
- Go to a local farmer’s market for fresh produce
- Go camping (It’ll be a first for me)
- Hike Mt Tammany and drive the Old Mine Rd on the way there during peak foliage
- Finally visit Lakota Wolf Preserve instead of just stalking them on Facebook – very close to Mt Tammany and Old Mine Rd. Maybe we can do this on the same trip.
- NJ Botanical Gardens trails and maybe the house tour
- Maybe check out the Franklin Mineral Museum with fluorescent minerals
What about you? Are you going to stop long enough to enjoy the Fall with family and friends? If so, check out my blog post on a great way to organize your to-do lists for activities, as well as your business.
As a former Floridian, having an actual Autumn where the leaves change is something I cherish each year so I do my best to plan it well. Are you doing any of these things? Did I miss any fun activities nearby? Leave me a comment below and tell me.
Have a fantastic Autumn!